How do I use my ICG-150 as a Cellular Modem?
Modified on: Fri, 19 Nov, 2021 at 2:33 PM
If you are looking for an easy way to create an Internet connection the ICG-150 has you covered! The ICG-150's built-in WiFi and dual-port Ethernet switch will allow you to get online in no time!
- Verify that your ICG-150 is configured as a Cellular Modem.
- If you ordered your ICG-150 preconfigured as a Cellular Modem then you should see the following sticker on the bottom of your system:
- If you see a different sticker or are not sure how your system is configured, please contact Intwine support for guidance.
- Review your existing network for potential configuration changes.
- Verify that you are intending to use the ICG-150 as shown in one of the sample networks below. The ICG-150 will be connecting to the Cellular network and providing Internet access to downstream devices via Ethernet or WiFi.
- The Cellular radio within the ICG-150 will establish a connection to the cellular network using the provided SIM card.
- The Ethernet ports (both WAN/LAN1 and LAN2) can be used for LAN devices. For instance, WAN/LAN1 can be connected to your Router or Firewall. LAN2 can be connected to a device such as a WiFi Access Point or a switch.
- Both Ethernet ports will have an IP address of 192.168.2.1 and the ICG-150 will act as a DHCP Server providing addresses in the range 192.168.2.101 through 192.168.2.254. This means that when you plug an Ethernet cable port into the WAN port on your Router, the Router should request a DHCP lease and get an address in the appropriate range.
- Questions to consider prior to installation:
- Does your existing network use any IP addresses in the 192.168.2.x subnet? If so then the LAN settings on the ICG-150 will need to be changed to prevent IP collisions.
- Are your Router/WiFi AP/other devices configured to obtain an IP via DHCP lease? If not you can either change it to DHCP or configure the static IP as follows:
- IP: 192.168.2.50 (something between 192.168.2.2 and 192.168.2.100)
- Default Gateway: 192.168.2.1
- DNS Server: 192.168.2.1 or 188.8.131.52
- Do you regularly get speeds over 100Mbps from your ISP? If so, you might be limited by the 10/100Mbps Ethernet ports on the ICG-150 and you should consider using the ICG-200.
Do you have any internal servers that need to be remotely accessed? If so you should work with your Intwine Sales Representative or contact support to discuss your particular needs to determine how best to configure the ICG-150 and your network.
- Make any configuration changes required.
- Prior to connecting the ICG-150 into your network it is best to make any customization changes required. To do so, power the ICG-150 on and connect to it via WiFi or Ethernet from your PC. Connect to the WebApp.
- Perform the gradual installation and testing procedure. Intwine generally recommends a methodical approach to installation; ideally conducted during downtime to minimize business disruption.
- Power on the ICG-150, verify that the LEDs indicate the system is working correctly and connected to the cellular network.
- Connect a PC/laptop/phone to the WiFi network on the ICG-150. Verify that your PC/laptop/phone has internet connectivity through the ICG-150's cellular connection.
- Verify that you have sufficient cellular signal strength at the desired install location.
- Connect the ICG-150's WAN/LAN1 port to a PC/laptop. Verify that the PC/laptop gets an IP address via DHCP in the correct range (192.168.2.101-254). Verify that the PC/laptop can access the internet.
- Unplug the PC/laptop and plug the WAN port of your Router or other devices into the WAN/LAN1 port of the ICG-150. Verify that the Router gets an IP address via DHCP in the correct range (192.168.2.101-254). Verify that the Router can access the internet.
- Use one of the downstream computers/VOIP phones to access the Internet.
- Create an account on the Intwine Remote Management Portal to setup alerts and monitor your ICG-150!
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.