It is often useful to have your ICG connected to a Wifi network as a client for internet access. In fact you can use this as a fallback for cellular or a primary internet connection with cellular failover.
- Connect the the local webapp on your ICG (see how)
- From the left hand navigation, click on Network Configuration.
- Make sure that you are on the Wifi tab (you will typically land here by default)
- At the bottom of the page, press the green "Add Interface Configuration" button
- This will create a WiFi #2 tab and take you there by default. We can now proceed to change the configuration to a WAN interface. To do so, mirror the changes as shown below:
- Once configured with the proper SSID and PSK for the Access Point you are connecting to, move to the WAN Priority tab and press the up arrow next to WiFi to make it the primary interface:
- Once complete, press the Save Changes button. Your system will lose connectivity shortly and then begin connecting to the WiFi network. If successful, the LEDs will be green and the number will indicate the Wifi signal strength. When in cellular mode, the LEDs will be orange and the number will indicate the cellular signal strength.
If you have any problems or questions don't hesitate to reach out!